Top 25 St Louis de Montfort Quotes on the Holy Rosary To Make You Grab Your Rosary
Hey there! Some links on this page are affiliate links which means that, if you choose to make a purchase, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beauty So Ancient!
St Louis de Montfort, Doctor of the Church is one of the earliest proponents of Mariology. His writings show great passion for our Lady and the rosary. Here are some Holy Rosary quotes by St Louis de Montfort.
The quotes below can be found in The Secret of the Rosary, True Devotion to Mary: with Preparation for Total Consecration, and The Saint Louis de Montfort Collection (7 books).
St Louis de Montfort quotes on the Holy Rosary
- “The word rosary means “Crown of Roses,” that is to say that every time people say the Rosary devoutly they place a crown of one hundred and fifty-three white roses and sixteen red roses upon the head of Jesus and Mary. Being heavenly flowers these roses will never fade or lose their exquisite beauty.” ~St. Louis De Montfort
- “Even if you are on the brink of damnation, even if you have one foot in hell, even if you have sold your soul to the devil as sorcerers do who practice black magic, and even if you are a heretic as obstinate as a devil, sooner or later you will be converted and will amend your life and will save your soul, if-and mark well what I say-if you say the Holy Rosary devoutly every day until death for the purpose of knowing the truth and obtaining contrition and pardon for your sins.” ~St Louis de Montfort
- “When the Holy Rosary is said well, it gives Jesus and Mary more glory and is more meritorious than any other prayer.” ~St Louis de Montfort
- “Put you on the armor of God.” So arm yourselves with the arms of God—-with the Holy Rosary—-and you will crush the devil’s head and you will stand firm in the face of all his temptations. ~St Louis de Montfort
- “For never will anyone who says his Rosary every day become a formal heretic or be led astray by the devil. This is a statement which I would sign with my blood.” ~St Louis de Montfort
- “The rose is the queen of flowers, and so the Rosary is the rose of devotions and the most important one.” ~St Louis de Montfort
- “It is scarcely possible for me to put into words how our Lady esteems the Rosary and how she prefers it to all other devotions. Nor can I sufficiently express how wonderfully she rewards those who work to make known the devotion, to establish it and spread it nor, on the other hand, how strictly she punishes those who work against it.” ~St Louis de Montfort
- “To say the Holy Rosary to advantage one must be in a state of grace or at the very least be fully determined to give up mortal sin.” ~St Louis de Montfort
- “I would like to add that the Rosary ought to be said reverently, that is to say, it ought to be said as much as possible, kneeling, with hands joined, clasping the rosary. However, if you are ill, you can, of course, say it in bed; or if one is travelling it can be said while walking; if, on account of some infirmity, you cannot kneel you can say it standing or sitting. You can even say it while working if your duties do not allow you to leave your job, for work with one’s hands is not always incompatible with vocal prayer.” ~St Louis de Montfort
- “Blessed is the Rosary which gives us this science and knowledge of our Blessed Lord through our meditations on His life, death, passion and glory.” ~St Louis de Montfort
The Secret of the Rosary, by St Louis de Montfort
More St Louis de Montfort Quotes on the Holy Rosary
- “The Rosary is the most powerful weapon to touch the Heart of Jesus, Our Redeemer, who loves His Mother.” ~St Louis de Montfort
- If then we are establishing sound devotion to our Blessed Lady, it is only in order to establish devotion to our Lord more perfectly, by providing a smooth but certain way of reaching Jesus Christ.” ~St Louis de Montfort
- “One day Our Lord said to Blessed Alan: “If only these poor wretched sinners would say My Rosary, they would share in the merits of My passion and I would be their Advocate and would appease My Father’s Justice.” ~St Louis de Montfort
- “By this devotion we give to Jesus all we can possibly give him, and in the most perfect manner, that is, through Mary’s hands.” ~St Louis de Montfort
- “Your closest enemies will attack you all the more cruelly because they are within you. I mean the powers of your soul and your bodily senses, the distractions of the mind, distress and uncertainty of the will, dryness of the heart, exhaustion and illness of the body—all that will combine with the evil spirits who say to you, ‘Give up your rosary, that is what is giving you such a headache; give up your rosary, there is no obligation under pain of sin; at least say only a part of it; the difficulties you are having are a sign that God does not want you to say it; you can say it tomorrow when you are more in the mood.’ And so on.” ~St Louis de Montfort
- “Ever since the devil was crushed by the humility and passion of Jesus Christ he has been very nearly unable to attack a soul that is armed with meditation on the mysteries of Our Lord’s life, and, if he does trouble such a soul, he is sure to be shamefully defeated.” (Cardinal Hughes.).” ~St Louis de Montfort
- “These crowns are not for the timid who are afraid of this world’s taunts and threats, neither are they for the lazy and indolent who only say their rosary carelessly, or hastily, just for the sake of getting it over with. . . . These crowns are not for cowards who lose heart and lay down their arms as soon as they see hell is let loose against their rosary.” ~St Louis de Montfort
- To imitate Jesus more perfectly in his agony you could say your rosary more slowly sometimes when you find it particularly hard to say, so that what was said of our Lord when he was in his agony of prayer may be said of you: he prayed all the longer.” ~St Louis de Montfort
- “It is not so much the length of a prayer as the fervor with which it is said which pleases God and touches his heart. A single Hail Mary said properly is worth more than a hundred and fifty said badly.” ~St Louis de Montfort
- “The Angelic Salutation . . . is the new hymn of the law of grace, the joy of angels and men, and the hymn which terrifies devils and puts them to shame.” ~St Louis de Montfort
- “What a wonderful thing to have Jesus Christ in our midst! And all we have to do to have him with us is to come together to say the rosary. That is why the first Christians met so often to pray together, in spite of the persecutions of the emperors, who had forbidden them to assemble. They preferred to risk death rather than to miss their gatherings where our Lord was present.” ~St Louis de Montfort
- “Recite your Rosary with faith, with humility, with confidence, and with perseverance.” ~St Louis de Montfort
- “Finally, my dear brothers and sisters, the daily Rosary has so many enemies that I look upon the grace of persevering in it until death as one of the greatest favors God can give us.” St Louis de Montfort
- “Only he who perseveres in asking, seeking, and knocking, will receive, will find and will enter. It is not enough to ask God for certain graces for a month, a year, ten or twenty years; we must never tire of asking.” ~St Louis de Montfort
- “If by chance your conscience is burdened with sin, take your Rosary and say at least part of it, honoring some of the Mysteries of the life, passion or glory of Our Lord Jesus Christ, and be sure that, while you are meditating upon these Mysteries and honoring them He will show His sacred wounds to His Father in Heaven. He will plead for you and will obtain for you contrition and the forgiveness of your sins.” ~St Louis de Montfort
Thank you so much for this reminder. I am a Blockrosarian and seeing this type of reminder gives me so much hope and confidence. Those who say the rosary devoutly everyday will never experience a horrible death.
You’re welcome! What is a blockrosarian?
Is to be reacieving updates reading them and praying the rosary every day