“O Jesus, who, in Thy cruel Passion didst become the ‘reproach of men and the Man of Sorrows,’ I worship Thy divine Face. Once it shone with the beauty and sweetness of the Divinity; but now, for my sake, it is become as ‘the face of a leper.’
Yet, in that disfigured Countenance, I recognize Thy infinite love, and I am consumed with the desire of making Thee loved by all mankind.
The tears that flowed so abundantly from Thy Eyes are to me as precious pearls that I delight to gather, that with their worth I may ransom the souls of poor sinners.
O Jesus, whose Face is the sole beauty that ravishes my heart, I may not see here below the sweetness of Thy glance, nor feel the ineffable tenderness of Thy kiss, I bow to Thy Will—but I pray Thee to imprint in me Thy divine likeness, and I implore Thee so to inflame me with Thy love, that it may quickly consume me, and that I may soon reach the vision of Thy glorious Face in heaven.”
St Therese had a great devotion to the Holy Face
Books on St Therese & Family
- Story of a Soul: The Autobiography of St. Therese of Lisieux (the Little Flower) [The Authorized English Translation of Therese’s Original Unaltered Manuscripts]
- The Extraordinary Parents of St. Thérèse of Lisieux: Sts. Louis and Zélie Martin
- Walking the Little Way of Therese of Lisieux: Discovering the Path of Love
Holy Face Resources
- Holy Face La Santa Faz Black Framed Canvas by Francisco De Zurbaran
- Holy Face Association
- The Manual of the Holy Face
- The Golden Arrow (1816-1848 On Devotion to the Holy Face of Jesus) by . Sr. Mary Of St. Peter
- Veronica’s Veil: Poems, Prayers, and Promises of the Holy Face Devotion
If you purchase through our site links, we might get a commission, at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us keep this site going. Thank you!
St Therese de Lisieux Documentary
Latest posts by BeautySoAncient (see all)
- ARE YOU A LENTEN LUNATIC? ON MARY, THE MOON AND LENT - February 24, 2020
- Prayer Before Surgery – Put Your Life in God’s Hands - February 19, 2020
- Act of Reparation to the Blessed Sacrament - February 17, 2020