16: God Speaks to Us Through the Silence of Creation
As much as we can, we will link to Catholic businesses. Thank you for supporting our brothers and sisters in the faith!
Listen to the Podcast
The Great Cardinal Robert Sarah, in his powerful book, The Power of Silence: Against the Dictatorship of Noise, discusses the Power of Silence and how God speaks to us in the silence.
In this podcast, we focus on a chapter in the book called God Does Not Speak, but His Voice is Quite Clear. This chapter includes a section on how God speaks to us through creation.
Because there is a global, radical, climate-change, cabal, some of us shy away from looking at nature at all, because we do not want to be lumped in wih the tree huggers.
However, God created this beautiful creation for us and gave us dominion over it, as an act of love.
In this Episode
- God speaks through his silence.
- Creation is a silent word of God.
- Men should be able to hear the voice of God when he speaks through Creation.
- St Augustine on how God speaks through creation.
Mentioned in this Episode
“Some people, in order to discover God, read books. But there is a great book: the very appearance of created things. Look above you! Look below you! Read it. God, whom you want to discover, never wrote that book with ink. Instead, He set before your eyes the things that He had made. Can you ask for a louder voice than that?” ~St Augustine
- The Power of Silence: Against the Dictatorship of Noise, Amazon | The Catholic Company | Catholic Books Direct
- Article: Ecosexual’ Students At SMC “Marry The Ocean.”
- 1 Kings 19: 11-13
Subscribe to the Weekly Rigorous Lent Mailing List
Join the Rigorous Advent & Lent Facebook Group!
Subscribe to this Podcast
If you love this podcast, please subscribe and give us a 5-star review!