“Suffering is not negotiable, sweetheart,” is a paraphrase of something Mother Angelica said. She stated, ” Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it’s a requirement.”
And yet, we hate to suffer. I know I do.
However, suffering will come and when it does come, God will give us the grace to handle it. Suffering is not negotiable.
In this Episode
- We all will suffer. To get to heaven, we must suffer.
- Even if you feel weak, God will give you the grace and strength to handle your suffering.
- God sends us suffering because he loves us.
- Suffering unites us with Christ and his goals.
- What my experience with the events of 9/11 says about my desire to suffer.
- What being robbed at gunpoint tells me about my desire to suffer.
Some Helpful Resources
- 27 Quotes on the Cross to Encourage You When Life Gets Hard
- 10 Saints Quotes on Suffering
- Abandonment to Divine Providence
- Consoling Thoughts on Trials of an Interior Life by St Francis de Sales
- Consoling Thoughts on Sickness & Death by St Francis de Sales
Joy in Suffering
- Trustful Surrender to Divine Providence: The Secret of Peace and Happiness
- The Life of St Gemma Galgani
If you absolutely LOVE the podcast, please consider subscribing and leaving a review on iTunes or anywhere you stream this podcast! The more wonderful reviews we get, the more people we are able to reach and help. Thanks and God bless!