In this time of extreme fear and cowtowing to the secular mob, here are St Joan of Arc quotes to help us build some fortitude.
St Joan of Arc was a simple peasant girl, but boy, was she brave.
We need to remind ourselves today that we are not supposed to fear men, but to fear God.
We are not to fear loss of possession or life, but loss of our souls.
It is quite disappointing that many of our bishops and priests are submitting to the mob, instead of submitting to God.
We are lacking fortitude.
May these quotes from St Joan of Arc fortify us and help us to do what is right, to the Glory of God.
St Joan of Arc, pray for us!
Here are 20 St Joan of Arc Quotes to Toughen You Up
- “Every man gives his life for what he believes. Every woman gives her life for what she believes. Sometimes people believe in little or nothing, and so they give their lives to little or nothing. One life is all we have, and we live it as we believe in living it…and then it’s gone. But to surrender who you are and to live without belief is more terrible than dying – even more terrible than dying young.”
- “All battles are first won or lost, in the mind.”
- “I am the drum on which God is beating out his message.”
- “Every man gives his life for what he believes … one life is all we have to live and we live it according to what we believe.”
- “It is better to be alone with God. His friendship will not fail me, nor His counsel, nor His love. In His strength, I will dare and dare and dare until I die!”
- “Courage! Do not fall back.”
- “I am not afraid… I was born to do this!”
- “One life is all we have and we live it as we believe in living it. But to sacrifice what you are and to live without belief, that is a fate more terrible than dying.”
- “I would rather die than do something which I know to be a sin, or to be against God’s will.”
- “Even though I saw the executioner and the fire, I could not say anything but what I have said.”
- “Truly, if you were to tear me limb from limb and separate my soul from my body, I would not say anything more. If I did say anything, afterwards I would always declare that you made me say it by force!”
- “In God’s name let us go on bravely.”
- “I answered the voice that I was a poor girl who knew nothing of riding and warfare …”
- “Hope in God. If you have good hope and faith in Him, you shall be delivered from your enemies.”
- “Before being burned at the stake for her faith:] Hold the cross high so I may see it through the flames.”
- “Since God had commanded it, it was necessary that I do it. Since God commanded it, even if I had a hundred fathers and mothers, even if I had been a King’s daughter, I would have gone nevertheless.”
- “Alas! that my body, clean and whole, never been corrupted, today must be consumed and burnt to ashes!”
- “I fear nothing for God is with me.”
- “If I said that God did not send me, I should condemn myself; truly God did send me.”
- “I die for speaking the language of the angels.”
Enjoy listening to books? Try Audible
St Joan of Arc
BeautySoAncient.com is 100% user-supported. When you buy a product through one of our links, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Whenever possible, we also link to Catholic-owned stores, for your convenience. Thanks for supporting beautysoancient.com!
- Joan of Arc, In Her Own Words by William Trask
- Joan of Arc, by Marc Twain
- For God and Country by Fr. Michael J. Cerrone