The Eight Beatitudes, from Christ’s Sermon on the Mount
- Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
- Blessed are the meek: for they shall possess the land.
- Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
- Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill.
- Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
- Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.
- Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called children of God.
Blessed are they that suffer persecution for justice’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Source: Douay Rheims Catholic Bible.
Latest posts by BeautySoAncient (see all)
- Three Days of Darkness: Nonsense or True Prophecy? - April 1, 2020
- The Litany of Humility – Pray Daily to Cultivate Humility - March 24, 2020
- The “Stella Caeli Extirpavit” Chant in Time of Pestilence (English & Latin) - March 20, 2020