The Prayer to Our Lady for a Happy Death is a prayer that should be at the bedside of every Catholic.
At the hour of our death, the Devil tries his best to frighten us and to make us doubt our faith. This is why the hour of our final agony is an actual battle. Fortunately, we have our guardian angel and our Lady, who is called the “Mother of the Dying”.
We have hope that she will be there to intercede for us even when we are not able to speak or are unconscious. She will obtain for us the grace of perfect sorrow and sincere contrition, so that we may face our deaths bravely, completely relying on God’s grace.
Prayer to Our Lady for a Happy Death
O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee. O Refuge of sinners, Mother of the dying, do not forsake us at the hour of our death. Obtain for us the grace of perfect sorrow, sincere contrition, the pardon and remission of our sins, a worthy receiving of the holy Viaticum, and the consolation of the Sacrament of Extreme Unction, in order that we may appear with greater security before the throne of the just but merciful Judge, our God and our Redeemer. Amen.
Source: The Raccolta
This is an excellent book on the Four Last Things. If every Catholic meditated on the Four Last Things, we would not have as many liberal Catholics as we have now. We would be living each day as if it were out last.
Memento Mori/Purgatory Resources
- Exercise of Preparation for Death: To Which Has Been Added Devotions for the Anniversary of Your Baptism and Birth by Saint John Eudes
- The Four Last Things: Death, Judgment, Hell, Heaven
- Hungry Souls: Supernatural Visits, Messages and Warnings from Purgatory
- On Purgatory: The Members of the Church Suffering (De Controversiis) De Controversiis
- Prayers, Promises, and Devotions for the Holy Souls in Purgatory
- 10 Ways to Bring Relief to the Poor Souls in Purgatory
How to acquire as many indulgences as possible so that you spend less time in Purgatory